Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

Hello all! I've had back pain for a long time. I kind of thought that I had scoliosis 8 months ago when I had an epidural. The doctor was having a hard time finding my spine and had to try four or five times. He then asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with scoliosis. I went to my family doctor and told him of the pain and the problems that I had with the epidural. He checked my back visually and said that he didn't see anything wrong. He did however find 3 vertebrae out of place and put them back in. About two to three weeks later I was in severe pain in the spot where I had the epidural. I went back to the doctor and asked him if there was a chance that the epidural could have ruptured a disc or something like that. He said probably not and did an x-ray to see what was going on. He did find that I do have scoliosis. He said that there isn't anything that can be done for it and wrote a prescription for an anti-inflammatory medicine. The doctor told me to try the pills for a week and if my back isn't better to come back in. The pain is still very bad. I can't sleep and I get very bad headaches! I also have to take care of my 8 month old son who is 26 lbs. and that really kills my back. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I also was wondering if anyone else had trouble after an epidural or knew someone that did? Could it have ruptured a disc? Also, is twisting my back to crack it a bad idea? Thanks for taking the time to read my post! Any information is greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

You might try Backlife. I just wrote about it, when I replied to Beth. It is a great device, which you use at home. I use it every day twice and I am most of the time pain free.
    Check it out at www.backlife.com. Cathrine

Comment

Prestocat...

It sounds like your scoliosis is relatively small, which shouldn't be causing any pain. I think you should get to an orthopaedist or neurologist who specializes in spine to find out what is wrong.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks to those who replied to my message! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
        X