surgery scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery scheduled

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the guidance and advice that you have shared. It helped me make a decision that was difficult but in the end, necessary. I will be having my surgery on October 9th at Johns Hopkins. Until then, I will be reading and mentally preparing myself and I'm sure I will have many more questions!

My husband is in the Navy and is currently on a 6 month deployment. We sold our home faster than expected, so I am living with my twin sister until we move to San Diego in January. My twin will be caring for me and my kids post-op, so the situation is perfect as I will have the help I need. I am hopeing that I recover quickly so that I might meet my husband in California when the ship comes home. How soon after surgery did anyone fly?

Thanks friends!

60* thoracic curve
    surgery date: October 9th, 2006
    T7-L4

Best wishes dorigirl! It sounds like you made the right decision for you, and I'm happy to hear you have a good support system ready and willing to take care of you before and afterwards I'm sure you'll be okay to fly by January, and don't worry... you won't set off any metal detectors
    Jen
    24/NY
    Harrington rod placement & fusions
    11/2/94
    60T, 35L

Comment

It sounds like you are at peace with your decision. I wish you all the best and hope you will stick around and keep us updated as the date draws near.

Take Care,
      Brandi
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
      X