Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip un-evenness

Hey

I've been doing research on scoli a lot thats when I found this forum and since then I've been knowticing a lot of this on that are "wrong". By that I mean I knoticed a lot more things connect to scoli, my hips, and shoulders, it really annoys me. ITS WEIRD!!!
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Not really. The lower curve is usually the primary curve, and the upper curve(s) are compensatory. The reason your hips end up uneven, is it's your body's way of keeping you balanced when you are standing. The same way you develope the additional curves.

Comment

primary curve

In my case the thoracic curve was primary with cervical and lumbar compensatory---Yep triple play.
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

My thoracic curve was also the primary with the lumbar the compensatory. I was only a double curve.

Comment

I'm the same as everyone else, my lower curve is the main curve and the top curve is compensating, which is why my hips are uneven and so are my ribs.
          Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Lumbar Scoliosis

Back Pain started in October 2001
          Diagnosed - June 2003

Thoracic and Lumbar curves- 37 degrees
          Started Hospital examination - June 2003
          Discharged from hospital - November 2006

Comment

Working...
          X