Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy Skin under brace

Hello,

My daughter has really itchy skin when wearing her brace. The pamplet that came with the brace said not to use moisturizer. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

uh....correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you wear an undershirt under the brace. Yeah...like a tight white t-shirt or tanktop or something, and then the clothes go over the brace. That's what I do, but your brace may be different from mine.

~Imrahil

Comment

She does wear the t-shirt that came with the brace. Her skin is just itchy all of the time.

Comment

my skin itches too. it is really annoying. i think it is from the pressure drying out the skin.
        ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
        I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
        I went through 3 Boston Braces
        Original curve~34*
        Curve in 1st Brace~9*
        Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
        Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
        Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

Hi,

My son is 14 and has wore a Boston Brace for almost a year. We tried putting a small amount of baby powder on his skin before he puts the t-shirt on. The powder helped the itching and also keeps the perspiring down during the hot months.

I hope this helps you daughter.

Michelle
          Mom of 13 year old son with scoliosis

Comment

The itching is probably caused by heat rash - this appears in the form of tiny red spots all over the torso. As someone else suggested, putting baby powder is the best solution. You should apply it all over and rub it in the skin twice daily. Hope I've been helpful!
            Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
            L2 to T4
            Braced for 4 years
            Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

is she alergic to metal???
              mabey thats it???
              Is it by the metal Ribbiss???
              Ciera,

Comment

Same problem with me!!!

I used the baby powder and it works!!

(use it after showers, it works best then!!)

hope it works 4 u!!

K eeda

Comment

Hello Olivia's mom. I too had itchy skin under my brace. It was quite annoying. I was so angry at my brace, that I only wore the brace at night. My curve got worse and I am considering surgery. Anyway, I sugest that your daughter wear something airy like cotten under the brace. I also tried alcohol and that toughened up my skin a lot ( I just rubbed it on). Best wishes! I hope you feel a bit better about your brace Olivia!

Comment

yeah... baby powder is definetly the best solution. i had itchy skin too. so my mom put baby powder on me and it stopped the itch. after a while you get used to the pressure drying the skin.
                    ¢¾ aura ¢¾

Comment

itchy skin

Rubbing alcohol on the affected area. That's what our doctor prescribed. After a period of time the irritation will go away.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X