One year Anniversary of daughters surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year Anniversary of daughters surgeries

Well, we have almost reached the one year anniversay of both of my daughters surgeries. They are doing very well. One is playing soccer and she also did track as well. She wasn't as fast as before the surgery but she was pretty close, and I think she will keep getting better. She still has a little rib hump that gives her pain. The ortho has suggsted some physical therapy. We'll see if it helps. She's not too good about doing the exercises.

The other daughter has not really done any sports yet but she is doing well too.Their curves have stayed the same since the surgery which is very good.

All I can say to anyone who is having surgery soon is to just take one day at a time. You will get better and better every day.

I had 2 daughters do the surgery in one week. It was awful but we just took everything one day at a time. You will make it through this and then it will be in the past.

Have positive thoughts.

Barbara

Congrats on both your daughters hitting the one year mark successfully. Boy, it was hard having one child go though this, can't imagine two at the same time - you must have nerves of steel! Good wishes to you and your girls -

Renee

Comment

That's great that they're doing so well!!!!!!
      Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
        X