Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyphosis

Hi,

Can someone help me with regarding Kyphosis? I have never really heard about it and i would like to know what it is?

Thanks
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Hi Leelee! My name is Leelee too!

Well kyphosis is a front to back curve, where as scoliosis is a front to back curve. You can have kyphosis alone or with scoliosis too. I have it and scoliosis together, it's called kyphoscoliosis when they're both there. I was diagnosed with scoliosis 6 years ago and I was only diagnosed with kyphoscoliosis a few months ago!
    ~Leelee ♪
    [-] 17 years old
    _[-] 12th grade
    [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
    _[-] kyphosis, 67*
    [-] Boston brace for 4 years
    _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Comment

Kyphosis

I too have kyphoscoliosis like Leelee. Kyphosis is the the curve like the "hunchback of Notre Dame" to give you an idea. Scoliosis curves go to the side and kyphotic curve goes outward I guess you would say. When I was 16 I was diagnosed with scoliosis and have multiple surgeries over the next 10 years. Then in the last 10 years my kyphotic curve got worse and worse. An average persons thoracic curve is anywhere from 20-50 degrees, mine was 105 degrees, so I had a pretty good hump going. After my surgery in Dec, my kyphosis was corrected to 45 degrees and my scoliosis curve to 10. I am an inch taller.

Good luck.
      Kim
      Kim
      35yr mother of 4 yr old girl and 8 yr old boy
      *Dec 05 A/P revision surgery-UCSF,Dr. Deviren- fused T3 - L3, rib removal
      *1995 Hardware removal (spine collapsed into 105 degree kyphotic curve over next 8 yrs)
      *1994 Revision scoliosis surgery to remove rods and put in clamps/other type hardware, ended up having problems so went back under 5 days later
      *1992 Removal of broken Harrington rod, 2 smaller rods put in
      *1987 Harrington rod for 46 degree scoliosis curve

Comment

That's interesting. I have Kyphosis & scoliosis. Kim, did you just have one rib out??? did that hurt/ache for a while....??
        Lynne
        kyphosis-85%
        curves-60/60, thorocolumbar curve of 95%
        surgery aug. 1st
        http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X