Falling down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling down?

Was just curious to know if anyone has this same problem?

I was at work today, and when I walked away from my desk, I had a stabbing pain that went from my lower back, down through my knee. I fell down onto my knees. My back has been VERY tense ever since, and my left arm went numb.
    Any ideas what causes this?

Thanks.

Don't know, but it happened to me a LOT last year. It happened once at the grocery store, and everobody stared. The pain is a pinching one in my sacrum and it gets worse when I bend too much and sit in low couches-wich I haven't been doing much of since this last surgery so that's why it's better.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Hmm... weird. All I know is it hurts alot. The last few weeks have been worse than ever. I have an appointment on the 29th and will definately ask the doc then.

Comment

I have had shooting pains that have made me fall down or have to grab onto something. I think it is from nerves being pinched or compressed. That is just my opinion.
        surgery 9/06
        Rothman institute

Comment

You could be right. Icing the area for days helped me heal as well.
          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Ice huh? I should give that a try next time. I think that is also probably the cause for my arm going numb too? I am VERY excited that my boyfriend found this forum for me. To be able to get the opinions of others that deal with this same stuff every day is priceless.

Comment

Working...
            X