Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a boston brace; nervous

I'm (obviously) new here ...

I have a curvature of 21 degrees, and the doctor wants to do bracing, which is probably a good idea, though I'm not looking forward to it.

I'm getting my brace on Friday, and I have NO idea what to expect.

What should I be expecting from this?

What's it going to feel like, what will I be able to do / not do, strategies for getting used to it?

Thanks soooo much in advance

-Will

I wore a boston back brace . And the one thing I remember was the way it felt. I felt like I was put in a plastic can with my arms head and legs sticking out . When I first got it put on I felt the pressure of the brace on my back , this depends on where your curve is. I can't lie to you but it was very uncomfortable. I had to sleep in mine and that was a nightmare!!!.Add to it I had to wear my brace 23 out of 24 hours a day!! . The one thing I can say is the boston brace is not easy to wear and in my opinon very uncomfortable ..

Good luck and I hope it works >>>>
    Drumgod

Comment

lots of people wear a boston brace and eventually learn to cope with it. You might be better of writing in on the www.spinekids.com forum, were you are likely to find more young people (i am asuming you are a young person) currently using a hard brace and better placed to advice you

all the best

Comment

Hi! I've been wearing Milwaukee and Providence braces since I was 8, and I just found out that I need a Boston Brace too. Like gerbo said, Spinekids is great for kids our age to discuss everything about bracing, surgery, and the wait and watch period.
        Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

yeah

maybe u could look at my new thread i just posted it. it doesn't really have that much info or anything just generally talking about it. (I have a boston brace)
          I am 14

I love knitting, reading, dancing, singing, acting, etc.

I have a boston brace

My curves are 18 and about 9 in my brace

Originally my curves were about 15 and 30

I wear my brace 18-20 hours a day

Comment

wish u luck
            i hope wount go to surgury
            Veronika
            Mák Veronika
            14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
            40T
            54L
            +rotation
            Boston Brace since December 2005
            Location in Florida

I play flute.
            I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

I have a Boston Brace right now and at first it was annoying (I won't lie, it still is) but you get used to it. I guess I am kind of one of the lucky ones...I only have to wear mine 12 hours a day but I sleep in it which is awful. It is so hard to fall asleep without being comfortable. Still...it's going to help, right? And it will be over one day and then you will emerge with a great back. It may feel weird but even falling asleep is no problem for me now. It just takes some time.

Keep looking on the bright side no matter what!

Good luck!

-Salome

Comment

Working...
              X