warm in brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warm in brace

will i ever get used to the fact that like the brace is warm, like the thing doesn't breath. And I live in arizona where it is like 115° in the summer and that is already hot enough without the brace, so basically will that always be a problem for me, the being warm in the brace thing. like it just seems like it doesn't breath as well as i owuld like it to
    ♥SARAH♥

Ya, im kinda wondering the same thing! My doctor said swim a lot but if you're just gonna tan put the brace back on. I know that probably doesn't help, but I hope it does a little
    Rebecca
    ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
    I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
    I went through 3 Boston Braces
    Original curve~34*
    Curve in 1st Brace~9*
    Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
    Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
    Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

hey i live in England so it's kind of not a problem for me, but when i went to America (Florida) in the summer i found it hard to find clothes to wear i ended up wearing the same thing for 2 weeks. It helped me swimming a lot and since we went to Florida all the rides that splashed when i was wearing BOB helped to keep me cool. I'd say the obvious thing drink water!

Hatty
      Bored of BOB!
      Curve 47 degrees and is lower lumber.
      6-8 months until "bonfire night"

Comment

you can ask the person who makes your brace to put little holes in it so it breathes more. that's what i had done to mine and it helped.
        in the summer, make sure not to get dehydrated with the intense heat!

AZ

Comment

hot in the brace

the holes in the brace is a great idea. my daughter has a milwalkee do you think they would be able to do that on that type of brace? also if you where a milwalkee did you have one rib that gets pretty red and sore with it? thanks

Comment

Sarah,

I had that problem with my brace too! I was always so hot.. sometimes subconciously in the middle of the night I would rip my brace off and throw it across the room. I don't wear a brace anymore (had surgery in Nov. 2001) but I had my doctor drill some breathing holes in the front and back of my brace. I had a plastic boston brace that only went up to my chest in the front and all the way up my back and under arms. If yours is a metal or milwaukee (sp?) then I don't know if you can do that. It was TONS better and I wasn't as hot.. hahah and I only live in Canada where it doesn't get NEARLY as hot as Arizona.

Godbless,
            lisanicole
            lisanicolegrace
            29/F/Canada
            Surgery - 11/10/2000
            80° curve to 19° post op.
            www.lisanicolegrace.com
            @lisanicolegrace
            facebook
            x-rays
            picture of my back

Comment

mine is a boston that only goes up to my chest too I will be sure to ask the doc to do that when i go and see him tomorrow
              ♥SARAH♥

Comment

thanks for the reply

thanks, my daughter told me she asked the orthotist about it being so warm and he didnt say to much, the millwalkee brace is plastic and with three metal bars on it one up the front in middle and one on each side upthe back with a plastic piece that goes around the neck kind of like a t-shirt collar. interested in what your doc says about it.

Comment

thanks for the reply

thanks, my daughter told me she asked the orthotist about it being so warm and he didnt say to much, the millwalkee brace is plastic and with three metal bars on it one up the front in middle and one on each side upthe back with a plastic piece that goes around the neck kind of like a t-shirt collar. interested in what your doc says about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X