how long have you worn yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long have you worn yours?

I am 17 now, and i have been wearing a brace for 9 years. Hopefully i will be rid of it soon. I can't wait. I never thought that i would hope to stop growing. lol. How about you , how long have you had one?

hey i hope you dont mind me posting this here but i have a question for you. I might have to wear a brace for a wile if my back doesnt stableise, my doctors think it will though, how tough was it to wear yours for so long?

Comment

It is fairly difficult, the hardest part i feel is the social side of having to wear a brace. Wearing a brace makes me different from my friends and makes me awkward towards girls. I realize this may not be a big problem for you, but i'm afraid that it leaves a lot of kids socially underdeveloped. When braced tennegers go to college they may have not had as many experiences as their friends. Of course you can get used to this, i did, you just have to realize that the brace is meant to help you not hurt you.

Other than this there are not many downsides to the brace. I can do anything any other teenager my age would. I play sports with my friends and for the most part they forget i'm even wearing it.

Overall, i feel the brace isn't a fun experience, but it's better to get scoliosis fixed this way than through surgery. Afterall, you may be trapped in it now, but when stop growing you will get it off. On the other hand, if you get surgery, you will be free now, but you may suffer pain in your later years.

if you want my aim, message me back -faris

Comment

Working...
      X