Forum??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum??????

I'm very aware that only women talk to each other here in this forum. I guess I'm growing this anger towards everybody because I'm in so much pain that I think I want to blame everyone for my pain. I feel that nobodyis listening to me or somthing. I guess i'm upset because I can't get any more refills on my meds and I don't have any Ins. anymore. Life really bites right now. GRRRRRRRR!!!@#$%$#@ I AM SO CONFUSED AT THIS MOMENT IN MY LIFE. I really need some therapy big time. I tried to be positive but that went down the drain. I tried to change my life but that went down the drain too. I was a great football player and a great wrestler in high school man what happened to me. I just don't understand. I know I'm young and all but why me why me why me why me????????????????????????????? I'm losing my mind, I already lost my body. The last thing I have is my mind now I don't want to lose that.
    Manny

first off, the reason why women talk to women on this forum is that most people who have scholiosis are female, although there are some men who have it too. If you are in so much pain why don't you just get the surgery? Plus you might get hooked on those pain meds. i understand how you are frustruated. Scoliosis isn't a positive thing. But it is all in how you handle it. If you are in that much pain you really need to go to a doc and get the surgery! And if you don't have insurance, maybe talk to the doc about doing it probono. My dad was a doctor, and sometimes he wouldn't get paid for angeoplasties because the people just didn't have the money. But if you are in so much pain that you need prescription pain meds, you really need surgery, not more meds, because you will get hooked. So you can either sit around and pout because you have this. or you can get off your butt and pout about having scoliosis in a ortho surgeon's office. It is one thing to sit around and complain about how upset you are, even though you go to a psycologist's office every week, and are on some sort of depression med. It is a whole other thing to complain sitting at your comp. Is scoliosis a pain in the butt yeah. It is hard to go through this all by yourself. I would really recomend going to a psycologist for therapy, and a psycoligist for meds. It isn't bad to go to either of those docs. I go to both, and it really makes a difference. It is all up to you. This is your life. You can either let the scoliosis take controle of it, or you can. Can you have a neg attitude, sure. But you have no excuse for it unless you are getting every kind of help possible!
    ♥SARAH♥

Comment

Hi...I'm a guy, I come here periodically. According to my doctor, "Scoliosis is NOT a disease, it's a mechanical disproportionality". If you don't know what mechanical disproportionality is, it's a disproportionality that's mechanical. Yeh...so..I guess I shouldn't be talking, my curve isn't even half of most of the people on these forums. Yeh so...bed time.

Comment

my ortho said the same thing. for a minute i thought we went to the same one hehe

Comment

sorry i used the term "desiese" i didn't know that my terminology would be scrutinized just to belittle what I had said, which is what I feel you are doing. termonology doesn't matter, but what i said was right. When you are doing nothing, you have no right to complain!
          ♥SARAH♥

Comment

I just had surgery and I was so negative afterwards because, like you Manny, I had to give up things I loved. I was pratically hysterical, but you HAVE to stay positive. Life is about being happy and making the most of your time here, not sulking around. Make yourself happy, affect a change, try something new! You can't change your body, but you can change your mind. Okay, I'm starting to sound like a motivational speaker, but I hope I've helped.
            Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
            L2 to T4
            Braced for 4 years
            Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Thanks dapsbounce8

Thank you so much for writing those kind words. I'm glad that a person with a kind heart is out there, especially out in Chicago. I think that's cool. You know I have been in a possitive mode lately and of course it has been a rollercoaster ride for me these couple of weeks but It's all good. I want to thank you again and keep up that possitive talk you have there now, believe me "It's All Good!"
              Manny

Comment

No problem, I'm so happy that I could help you.
                Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
                L2 to T4
                Braced for 4 years
                Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

hy manny2004 we are brothers because we have the same life

I was a Boxer and my life was perfect, then i realy thought about suicide because my pain was insufferable and and circa 20 doctors in 4 countries had no solution, most of them and my friend thought that the pain is psychosomatic.

look at my odyssey
                  http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...=&threadid=436

What are your degrees skoliosis/kyphosis

The reason becaus i had pain was my intervertebral discs was and back muskles and joints were demaged because the vertebral bodies had a false position, but this is possible to entirely correct but only with the right brace and the right muscle therapie for the back. i would first search in my home land for the brace and therapie or else you need enough money to go to germany

Comment

Working...
                  X