Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• womens problems!

hi
    i am a new memeber, was diagonsed at 15 and am now 36, have not had a check up on my curve since i was 18, am now getting back pain and breathing problems.
    The question that i hope someone can help me with is, getting a bra to fit me. this may sound silly but i never seem to get one that the straps stay up on and if they do, then its way too tight around my back and i get more back ache...........am i the only woman who gets it?
    many thanks

trace

This is a common problem for women with scoliosis. Remember that when your spine curves it also twists the rib cage, often causing one breast to look smaller than the other and the shoulders will be uneven. I find that wearing a racer back style bra works for me. The straps do not slip down your shoulders!

Comment

Bali has a bra with no slip straps. I have one and it works for me. Also, the straps are guaranteed to stay up or you get a refund. Won't hurt to try!
      Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
      2003- 33 degrees
      2005- 37 degrees
      2006- 44 degrees
      May 2007- 47 degrees
      December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
      Fused T1 to L2
      Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

Thanks..........

Hi
        many thanks for the advice that you have given me, makes me feel that i am not the only one with this problem.

trace

Comment

When I find a bra with nice fitting cups...so on, then I cut the straps as close as possible where they attach in the back and then I re-position them over closer to the hook area. This resembles the racerback effect but gives my more choice with bras. Also, using the breast enhancers forms like "nearly Me" are great when filling out the side that is smaller. I sometimes where tighter tops or tanks and then wear a cute light weight coat of shirt open over the top to still hide my back. Remember how powerful attitude and posture can be!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X