anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anger

I had juvenile hypothyroid as a kid and was put on thyroid replacement hormones. This caused me to gain 6 inches in one year. OF course tihs was also when I developed scoliosis. Scoliosis develops during rapid growth spurts. If they (the docs) had been watching me closely and hadn't been negligent about this, I'd probably never be in this situation. I'm so angry at my doctors for everything they have failed to do and all the crap I have had to go through.
    28 years old. Dx at age 14.

1994 20T/20L
    1998 22T/20L
    2002 30T/28L
    2006 34T/28L
    2008 43T/34L

considering surgery in the near future as the curvature is getting progressively worse and for pain management.

XRAYS and pics at 28 years old. http://www.freewebs.com/skiergirl24/apps/photos/

I didn't know that scoliosis happened when we grow a lot...I wasn't very tall and didn't grow that much(I'm 5'5 after surgery, was 5'4 before).

Well if you're angry I can relate. I've been angry at my doctors many times, and sometimes think that I had a non union b/c of their lack of supervision and they didn't tell me about all my restrictions, but in the end the anger will kill me and I can't know for sure. Life I guess.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Hi Mobee,

Speaking from experience, don't let the anger that you feel about what you have to deal with, consume you. It will only compound your problems. You are still young, and just know that life is always going to throw you "curve" balls.

It's not easy, but remember that what you have, can be corrected. Don't let it keep you from following your dreams.

Shari

Comment

Working...
      X