Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer_Surgery

Hello all,
    I am posting this message for my girlfriend who you guys know as Summer. She had her surgeries on Monday the 8th (anterior) and Wednesday the 10th (posterior). She's been walking around the last couple of days on her own. The visual difference in her back is startling. The doctor did an amazing job. For people in NYC, his name is Dr. Andrew Casden at the Spine Institute out of Beth Israel Medical Center. She got a private room so I have been able to stay with her overnight. Saying its been tough is an understatement. This is just the beginning of a long road to recovery but I know she will feel it was all worth it when she sees the before and after. Just wanted to let everyone know that she is doing well and should be home by Friday. Also wanted to say thanks to all who corresponded with her. It was a great help.
    Jenn
    37 y/o female
    60 degree lumbar
    45 degree thoracic
    1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
    T 5 to S 1
    NYC

Hello Summer's Friend,

Glad to hear that Summer's surgery is behind her. I prayed for her. Tell her to hang in there and we hope to hear from her soon. Until she feels up to sitting at a computer screen again, I hope you will continue to keep us posted.

Kindest Regards,
    Gail

Comment

Thkyou for updating us on Summer. So happy she is doing well. My thoughts are with her, all my best, Lynne

Comment

Please tell Summer that we are all thinking of her, hoping she's doing well, and missing her posts here... Thank you for letting us know her surgery is over... Now the 'rough' part begins... recovery!! She will need you more than ever before... You are so good to be there with her and for her... You'll earn extra 'stars in your heavenly crown', as the old saying goes, for all you do now to help. Hang in there and be strong.. We are here to advise if u need us or have questions....

JoAnn

Comment

Wow you are some great boyfriend! Thanks for the up date, I've been wondering how she was doing. She has my phone # she can call any time she feels like asking questions or just talking about what she is going through. My husband and I are still amazed at the visual difference in my back, it is truley wonderful isn't it?! Also, the minute I got home I wanted him to measure me (He told me to just get in bed.) so the amazement may have just begun for you both. she might have gained height from the surgery! Best wishes to you and Jenn as she recovers. She is lucky to have you by her side during this. Suzy

Comment

I had the same thing done in the same order in January 05. Tell her to keep her head up and stay strong. The more she moves around the easier it will get. I learned this after my surgery I was scared to move but the more I moved the easier it got. But she has to be careful because her back will let her know if she moves the wrong way. The difference in apprearance is amazing. I was 4'11" before my surgery and now I am 5'2"! She will need someone there to support her, so it's great to have a friend like you there for her. I wasn't supposed to be able to return to work for a year, but because of my determination I was able to return at 6 months! We will praying for her strength and speedy recovery.....

Comment

So happy it went well

Thanks for the update. Please tell Summer the offer still stands as she has all my phone numbers. Tell her I wish her the best. LYNN
              1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
              2000 Partial Rod Removal
              2001 Right Scapular Resection
              12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
              06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Hi,

Give Summer my best also!!! You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Your support for her is greatly admired. Be strong and show her lots of love.

This may sound weird, but rub her feet.

Shari

Comment

Working...
                X