Numbness in both feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbness in both feet

My son has been waking up in the mornings with numbness in both feet and it slowly goes away after he is up awhile. I was wondering if anyone here has had that problem and do you know if it was caused by the scoliosis. His curve is only 15 degrees. He does wear a heal pad in his right sneaker due to the leg length difference. (only a milimeter) Thanks, Tina

HI,

My name is Manuel I have had those feelings before too. I feel that the numbness is due to the fact that he sleeps in a certain position for a long period of time. I know it would be a pain to wake up and move or shift around in the middle of the night, but it is worth it. He has to get used to it. It works for me. Try it, it won't hurt and it doesn't cost anything. God Bless.
    Manny

Comment

Hello,
      While we're all entitled to our own opinions on here, I truly don't think the numbness in the feet is coming from sleeping in a weird position. Before my surgery, I had my legs fall asleep on me and have a "tingly" sensation to them. My symptoms were actually signs of a tethered spinal cord, which means the spinal cord is being held down tightly (by I'm sorry I forget) and it is not free to move as most normal cords should. So, in September, I had a lumbar laminectomy (tethered cord surgery) done. It only took 2 hours, and what the surgeon did was, go in and snip away at some fat and other things at the bottom of my cord, and if he snipped at this specific thing, and my cord bounced back w/a rubberband effect, that meant it was "tethered." In fact, it WAS! Following that surgery, I had my spinal fusion to correct my scoliosis in November. I will tell you though that I had curves progess from 54-64 degrees from just June to August, and after I had an MRI done, which led to the tethered cord finding out and surgery, AFTER the tethered cord surgery, my curves DID NOT progress any more until my fusion in Nov. I would ask your surgeon about the possibility of your son having a tethered cord, though, JUST MY OPINION. Asking couldn't hurt. I would never have guessed that was what caused my legs to call asleep, and I believe tethered cords have a major effect on triggering scoliosis to begin with. So, good luck and keep us updated!
      "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
      "Talent takes you to the top. Character keeps you there."

Comment

Sometimes I get numbness in my legs/feet, usually my right, while I'm sleeping. I only noticed after surgery, not before...

Comment

numbness in back and feet

i to have numbness in my feet and i get a sensation in my back like there is a bug crawling up my spine occasionally i get little electric type shocks in my back i only have a 10 degreed curve but it has increased in the past 18 months i too could do with some advice thankyou

Comment

Yes my feet fall asleep even before i do!!my mom always rubbs them and that helps a little!!!
            luve allways,
            *Paige*
            __-------______--------______-------__
            12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

Working...
            X