Newbie looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for help

New to the board and scoliosis. My daughter (10) was diagnosed in Jan. In april went to see a ped ortho at hopkins and they measured her and are putting her in a brace. Not sure what brace. her curve is 30-35*(L). My question is has anyone on here went to john hopkins in baltimore for treatment?

Sorry i don't know any details as of yet, i am divorced and my ex is not keeping me up on this. i found out from my daughter about all this, and have missed all her appointments because mom doesn't inform me. Needless to say i have to request the med records from all her doctors because Mom isn't sharing or doesn't know the answer to the questions i have.

I just want an opinion on hopkins, i'm pretty sure the Dr she ssay was Dr. Sponseller but when i looked him up it says hes the cheif of pediatric division professor. So again, i'm not sure if he is the main dr for her or not. sorry for the long post, i'll post more when i get all her records.
    Thanks

Hi,

I believe the daughter of Proudparents had surgery with Dr. Sponseller at John Hopkins late last year. I see them on the forum every now and then. I'm sure they will reply if they see your post. Also, if you go to the top of the page and click on search, then type in the name of Dr. Sponseller, you should find more info.

Renee
    Last edited by flowerpower; 04-28-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Greg, I responded to your private message.
      Mark & Jane, Parents of Lisa
      Daughter 15 years old
      Posterior surgery was in October, 2005, with Dr. Paul Sponseller at Johns Hopkins. Fused T2-L2 w/4 rib thoracoplasty. Rib and local autograft. All pedicle screw and stainless construct.
      Before: PT – 33, MT – 63, L – 32, kyphosis – 46.
      After: PT – 7, MT – 4, L – 15, kyphosis – 32.

Comment

Working...
      X