Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 9 yr old has Scoliosis

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with information on what its going to be like for my daughter and us as parents on the best way to deal with this new news

As the mother of a 12 year girls recently diagnosed (August, 2003), I know exactly what you mean. The unknown/waiting is the worst part of the situation. We had to wait two months before she could get an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. You are definetely on the right track by being on this forum. Try not to worry, which I know is very hard, but mostly try not to let your daughter worry. I told my daughter the truth about everything from the beginning and I also told her it wasn't her job to worry--that's my job--and if there was something for her to worry about, I'd let her know! It is very hard, but with support from family, friends and the people on this forum, you will get through this. Oh, yeah, we've said a lot of prayers along the way and still are. Hang in there!

Comment

Well in one way we are glad we are not the only ones going through all this ...... we have to wait and see I guess ........we dont get to see her Dr until may so its a bit of a wait .... as there isnt much information here in Australia that I can find but ive only just started to look as we were told only 2 days ago thanks for replying to my question and hope everything is going to go smoothly for everyone ..... god bless

Comment

Working...
      X