Dr. Murthy in Manhattan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Murthy in Manhattan

Has anyone had experience with a Dr. Murthy in Manhattan? I have been searching for a female doctor for my ten year old daughter and Dr. Murthy seems to be one of the very few. We've seen her once and she seemed on top of things but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has personal experience with her care. Thanks.

Hi Renee...

Although I don't know anything about her other than she's a candidate of the Scoliosis Research Society, Cathleen Raggio is at Hospital for Special Surgery. HSS has been known for many years as one of the premier hospitals for spinal deformity treatment.

Here's her bio:

http://www.pediatric-orthopaedics.co...out_raggio.htm

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

dr. Baruch

has anyone heard of Dr. Baruch in NYC? My daughter is in college down there and she is having some back numbness due to a snow boarding fall. She had her surgery 6 years ago with moss-miami titanium rods. She had a double curve and except for occasional hip pain (from the bone graft) she does very well. I just thought she could see this Dr. because our insurance covers him. In our provider book he has 4 offices so he seems well established.

Comment

Dr. Murthy

I have heard of Dr. Murtha who is in Dr. Lonner's office. We've been very happy with the practice. My daughter is 6 and was born with congenital scoiosis and is wearing a milwaukee brace. Let me know if it is the same doctor.

Nora
        Lindsey's Mom

Comment

Hi,
          I met Dr. Lonner today and was very impressed with him..He was very nice, young and he seems on top of everything...he wanted me to take a dicogram, but i choose not to.
          CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
          fused T4 -L3
          Hip graft
          Grown 1 1/2 inches
          25/o upper T 15/o
          53/o T 15/o
          37/o L 6/o
          Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
          New York City

August 6, 2004
          Pulmonary Embolism
          complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
          increasing pain at the T4/5
          point irratation heardwear

Comment

Discography

Is it common to get an discography to diagnosis scoliosis?

Comment

Hi...

No, it is not common to get a discogram for scoliosis diagnosis. Connie (spincon) has had prior scoliosis surgery, and must be having some sort of difficulty (Connie?). A discogram is usually used to detect which disc is creating a specific pain.

Regards,
              Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
              X