OMGEEE I got a brace -_-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMGEEE I got a brace -_-

This bites, I have a 28/27 degree curve and I have to wear a damn brace -_-. I'm 14, and I'm a guy...yea....Hi....I'm new....How long will I have to wear this stupid thing?

how long you will have to wear it is entirely up to your doctor. I am understand exactly how you feel. But feel lucky that your parents are making you get the brace. Mine just gave up, and now mine is 35 and now i am getting the brace, not when mine wasn't so bad. How long you have to wear the brace though, I believe, has to do with your bone age. I'm 16 but my bone age is 14.5 so I have to wear it a year, because that is when they think I will stop growing. So hopefully your bone age is the same as your chronological age, so maybe you won't have to wear it that long, I hope
    ♥SARAH♥

Comment

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
      it's really hard at first, but after a while, as your body gets used to being in the brace and being manipulated by the plastic, it feels better. (of course, not as good as it feels to have it off, but just be aware that it does get better than the first few weeks...)
      hang in there!

you have to wear the brace for as long as it takes your bones to reach maturity - for you to stop growing.
      for me, I kept on growing and growing (now I'm 5' 9.5") and having many growth spurts, so I kept on having to wear it...

what kind of brace? how big a curve?

once again, good luck!

Comment

hey Imrahil!!!

I'm sorry u gotta get a brace!!!!

I gotta get one soon too! I don't want to get it. ERRRRRRR!
        When I'm done with it I'm gonna either melt it or run over it with the car.

Well anyways if u ever wanna talk, PM me!!!!!

C-ya!
        ***ASHLEY***

Comment

Working...
        X