worried mom again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried mom again

I contacted our doctor and gained more info on my daughter's curve. Apparently she has two curves, high thoracic, T5-T9, 26*, with an apex of T7. She also has a low thoracic on the left side, T9-L1, 17*. The nurse I spoke to mentioned the Boston overlap and the providence. She hasn't seen the Milwaukee used around here for a long time but I'm worried that with a T7 that is what they may recommend. Any ideas anyone? Stacy

Worried Mom

Hi Stacy! The gentleman that makes my daugher's brace says that he sees three or less Milwaukee braces per year and he make a lot of braces and sees a lot of braces every day! You asked me if our doctor is happy with her wearing a Boston brace instead of the Milwaukee-it is too soon to say. Like I mentioned before, wearing the Boston has to be better than wearing nothing at all. Please remember--we are dealing with two things: 1) Scoliosis and 2) Kyphosis and that just complicates things for us. Keep your chin up and know that you are not alone in this. We are all here for you.

Comment

Working...
    X