Just some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some questions

My 15 year old daughter had been experiencing severe back pain for about a year and 1/2. I took her to an orthopedic surgeon in November of 2004. He told us that she had a mild case of scholiosis and told us to come back in a year to re evaluate. When we returned the following year, the doctor told us that she has a sway back some vertebraes that are fused and because she has a large port wine stain on the base of her spine he ordered several tests including...an MRI, bone scan, sonogram, a kidney test, and blood work. HELP! He did not tell us what he was testing for and to be honest my daughter and I were totally caught off guard and didn't ask what he is looking for. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My son had an MRI done when he was about 14 years old . . . he had idiopathic scoliosis and kyphosis at that time and the doctor just wanted to rule out any spinal/neuro complications. The odds of that were very low and the MRI was done pretty much as a routine test. His MRI was normal and I hope that is the case for your child as well.

I think a lot of our kids have had extra tests done and most often it is just to rule out other issues. Try not to be too worried until you know you have something real to worry about! Easier said that done, I know! But take some comfort in knowing that a lot of our kids have to go through specialized testing and it doesn't always mean the tests will show anything at all.

Comment

Working...
    X