Thanks for info on spinal fusion T5-Sacrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for info on spinal fusion T5-Sacrum

Thank you all for the info. As of now I am waiting on my family doctor to call and set up an appointment with Dr. Lenke. You have to have a referral, you know. lol So, I'm assuming it will be several months before I have to decide on having the surgery or not.

I can't believe some of you are still working. I used to be a letter carrier until my back finally had enough. It got to the point where I could no longer stand up straight because the pain had become so intense and still is to this day. That was January of 1988. I went to see my Orthopedic Surgeon (Dr. Wm. Schroeder of Springfield, IL) who had done the harrington rod surgery He took films of my spine and then told me, I needed to quit work, to slow down the degeneration that was taking place in my spine. I still tried to find something I could do, but that was impossible due to the fact that I could now, only stand/sit/walk no more than 20 mins. at a time (30 mins. on a good day) and then would have to lie down or at least change positions to keep the pain from intensifying. I do take Vicodin for the pain, but only if I have to go out to do grocery shopping or to have dinner with friends. I promised my doctor I wouldn't take them while at home, so as not to get addicted to them. So, while at home I use meditation, hot bathes or a heating pad to get me through the day. I exercise and try to stay somewhat active. Pain permitting of course, but I can't imagine holding down an 8 hour per day job. How do you do it?

I am 63---3 years post revision-working, stand all day and have NO pain.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

I just got fused from T-3 to my sacrum on 2/9/06 and 2/16/06.
      I am doing good. I have no scoli pain at all. The pain I do have is all surgical. I feel tender on my back and lower back but the pain I had pre-op, it's gone. I cry every time I think about that. I don't have my scoli pain anymore!
      36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
      Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
      Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
      Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
      Curve post op = 20 degrees
      No pain anymore!!
      Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Working...
      X