Buying insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying insurance

Hey everyone Question? I'm currently loosing our coverage on the 28th of February. I'm on a waiting list for surgery and and now scrabbling to find coverage to start March first. I live in Vermont and the surgeon is in Massachusetts. I can't figure out if I should go HMO (no general deductable or out of pocket limit) or after reading a few postings I'm wondering about this PPO that everyone's talking about. I find this all very confusing and I feel like the clocks ticking and I'm running out of time. Alissa

Alissa...

An out-of-state surgeon would almost certainly be out of network on an HMO policy, but you should be able to call the carrier to verify that. In HMO policies, the carrier decides to whom each patient can be referred. In a PPO, the patient can choose any surgeon as long as the surgeon accepts the umbrella organization (e.g., Blue Cross) for that insurance plan.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

get the ppo!!!!

Comment

HMO works for us; probably paid $30 for our daughter's fusion surgery (besides monthly premiums), and had the surgeon of our choice. Pat

Comment

Working...
        X