Kyphoscoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyphoscoliosis

I've been using this forum for awile now and for the most part, I am very happy with the support and information I've received. However, I am looking for anyone who is either familiar with or has been diagnosed with Kyphosis or Kyphoscoliosis. For the most part, what I read here is dealing with Scoliosis only. Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks~Mary Lou

Hey,

i am 17 and i was diagnosed with kyphosis about 3 years ago. my curve was at 50-60 and bracing was tried but failed. when i had surgery 2 years ago my curve was around 85. I had 2 operations within 2 days and my curve is more or less normal now. It took me about 3 months before i was comfortable sitting through a full school day and 7 months before i played sports.

Comment

Marylou,
      Kyphosis just mean that your scoli curve is at the top of your spine. Just like Lordosis means at the lower part of your spine. Maybe the reason you are having a hard time finding, on this forum, specific info. A great many scoli patients, learn the "lingo" about their backs early on in their diagnosis
      SandyC
      SandyC

Comment

Sandy C...

I appreciate your efforts, but I learned the "lingo" early on in my daughter's diagnosis. Her SCOLIOSIS is 35 * and her KYPHOSIS is 79*. Scoliosis is a side-to-side curve. Kyphosis is a front to back curve. The word "Kyphosis" does not mean a Scoliosis curve at the top of your back. In fact, I know people who ONLY have Kyphosis and no Scoliosis.

I did get want I wanted from my post....I've met several people who I am now e-mailing with who are also dealing with Kyphosis and some who like, us are dealing with Kyphoscoliosis (BOTH Scoliosis and Kyphosis).

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
        X