Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crushing sensation around my torso

hi everyone

i have a sciatic tilt in my lumber spine with possible prolapsed discs, waiting results of recent mri scan. one problem i have is with this awful crushing feeling around my upper torso after sleep, thats when i manage to get medication induced sleep. i don't understand why the feeling is high up when my back problems are low down, any suggestions?

bev

Hey Bev,
    I see from your info tag that you're from the U.K. I would recommend seeing an Alexander Technique teacher - there are many AT teachers across the country. Sometimes there are things that we unknowingly do that make living comfortably with scoliosis more difficult. An Alexander Technique teacher may help you discover any habits you have that are contributing to the torso discomfort.

I was in chronic pain for several years, and Alexander Technique was the approach that helped me turn around my pain condition. If you live in the London area I'd recommend contacting the Constructive Teaching Centre. Two teachers there I'd recommend are Ann Murray and John Brown. Kind people, very skilled practitioners.

Also, I know a woman in London who studies AT and has scoliosis. If you would like to have someone to get in contact with her send me an email, and I'll pass on your contact details to her.

Good luck - Joshua milantek@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X