I am getting a Brace soon :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting a Brace soon :(

Hi ppl, my name is Sarah and I am new here. Anywayz umm well I am getting my brace in like 2 weeks and I am so nervous. Probably the worst part is my mom though. She keeps telling me that it is just a drag. But if she was in my position I don't think she would think it is a drag. This all just really sucks. Also my parents think I should also get the surgery which kind of freaks me out. I mean my curv is only 35° right now, but they think I will want it straight when I get older. But then again, I also want to be able to wear a bathing suit without a huge scar going down my back. I don't know I am just like really freaked out and stuff
    ♥SARAH♥

Hi Sarah~
    I am the mother of a 12 year old daughter with Kyphoscoliosis. My daughter's Kyphosis, we're told is 79 degrees and her Scoliosis is 34 degrees. My daughter and I agree to some to some extent with your parents--get the surgery a.s.a.p. while you are still young. However, we recently switched doctors (the first one gave us two options: 1) wear a cast for six weeks and then back into her Milwaukee & 2) surgery) and were prepared for surgery. This doctor won't do surgery! With a 34 degree curve, she isn't a candidate for surgery and she won't do surgery just for the Kyphosis. Most doctors won't consider you a candidate for surgery without your degree being atleast 50 degrees. Back to your parents--we all want our children to have the best--the best education, the best clothes, the best possible outcome with the battle with Scoliosis, etc. Please don't get upset with them. They only want what's best for you and so do I. Hang in there, try best to wear your brace and maybe you won't need surgery.

Comment

hey i wouldnt quite get ready for surgery yet, i mean i have a 52 and 46 degree curve and they are only considering considering surgery if my brace doesnt do any correction (but i have a feeling it wont so i am looking at probly having surgery) but if your curve is only 35 and you wear your brace regularly i am sure that you will not have to consider surgery hopefully. also about the scar they have many new advances in the surgery and they are now making much much smaller incisions and it is effective so the scars (if any) are very small i hope i could help and keep me posted. oh ps the brace really isnt that noticable as long as you stand up straight and it just gives you something to talk about if someone asks haha and if you dont want them to know tell them you got ran over or something or like your parents are making you wear it till your married haha that one is always fun

Comment

The scar is not so bad. I'm now 32. I was twelve when I had my surgery. I had two 39 degree curves. I was put in a brace. A month later I had two 45 degree curves. The doctors said at the rate it was curving it was going to kill me. Trust me surgery is not so bad. A little scary though. Just do what your doctor tells you to and I'm sure you will be fine.
        Windie

Comment

thankyou ppl, I am feeling a little better about the surgery thing, I went on i scoliosis and they aparently have a way to do it endoscopically or howevery you say that. So that wouldn't be as bad
          ♥SARAH♥

Comment

hey SARAH!!!!!!!
            So u finally want on the website huh???? This is Ashley, if you don't already know. LOL

So whats up???
            I think that u should do watever u feel like doing. Like: If you really want to get surgery than do it!! But if not, u no.....
            I guess I'll go, talk to you later!!! C U in history!

Love like a sis,

***ASHLEY***

Comment

Working...
            X