Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Katharina Schroth Centre is now open!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Katharina Schroth Centre is now open!!!

Hi,

I am very pleased to say that the Scoliosis SOS - UK Rehabilitation Centre for Scoliosis is now open and we are currently taking bookings for May 2006. For more information about the UK Clinic please visit www.scoliosissos.com

Scoliosis SOS Ltd. Rehabilitation Centre
    Top Street
    Martlesham
    Suffolk
    IP12 4RB
    England
    (00 44) 1394 383 258
    Email: enquiries@scoliosissos.com

This is the only centre in the world to offer rehabilitation treatment based on the Katharina Schroth method for English-speaking patients.

All medical staff are fully trained and certified in the Katharina Schroth method.

It is a completely safe, non-surgical and non-invasive treatment that has been used successfully in Europe since 1921.

Regards,

Erika Maude
    The Scoliosis Tree - www.erikamaude.com

The obvious questions are;

Is this going to be a residential treatment center like the German versions, or is treatment on an outpatient basis, or both.

What is the background of the medical staff? UK trained? GP's? Orthopaedic consultants? How have they been trained? What other staff will be employed? Qualified physiotherapists.??

Costs?

The two british consultants I have dealt with re my daughter have been, to put it mildly, very uncommittal about schroth, stating amongst others that his german colleagues never mentioned the method when discussing scoliosis treatments, which makes you wonder whether it is a fringe treatment rather than mainstream. The other consultant would have expected solid published evidenced published if the method would have significant long term results.

Could you point me towards what you would consider the best published evidence?

gerbo
    Last edited by gerbo; 01-24-2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Gerbo...

As far as I know, there are no long term published results.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi,

May I ask why the phone number of the clinic is the same as that of (I presume) your father's video-editing company? Does the clinic not have a number of its own, or are you sharing premises with his business?

Who are the medical staff - how many of them are there, are they permanently employed by the clinic (ie working there full-time), and are they quallified medical professionals?

Regards,
        Toni

Comment

Working...
        X