Surgery at UCDavis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery at UCDavis?

I'm wanting to find someone to correspond with who has had a recent surgery at UCDavis in Sacramento, CA. I have questions about your hospital experience and who your doctor was.
    Susan

im extremely scared

hi i am sarah i am 12 years old and i want to ask you some ?'s. first i just want to know what your degree is if it isnt too much . i am doing research and i everything i read is good exept that i might not be able to do gymnastics(sucks) because i love doing them. i am having surgery march 2nd which is sooner than we all expected. i dont know what to think or do to prepare for this. i constantly ask my parents questions about this . my degree is 52 degrees which is at the top of my back which i also heard is a lucky spot to have it. but anyway if you have any advice or ?'s to ask me i would be more than happy to answer them or read what you got to say to me!
    sarah

Comment

Don't give up on gymnastics yet! Have you asked your doctor, because he/she is really the only one who can answer that. However, I have read somewhere that girls can continue, but they obviously can't do everything. You do know that you won't be doing gymnastics or much of anything for a little while after surgery, right? Best of luck to you.

Comment

im ok

i am still scared but i am ok. i think well actually i am pretty sure everything will be fine. it will take a month off of school though which will be hard because i wont be able to do very much homework.and yes i hope my doctor will still let me do gymnastics. its a big part of my life. do you think that i will still be able to swim?please respond it will help me alot
        sarah

Comment

I am not an expert by any means, so please don't get upset if I'm wrong, but---I think swimming would be great for your back! My daughter is supposed to wear a Milwaukee brace, but we found it to difficult, so she is getting a Boston brace tomorrow and her doctor said she could be out of her brace a little longer than one hour per day if she went swimming! Like you, my daughter loves to swim and even after your surgery (after some recovery time) I can't see why it wouldn't be good exercise for you. Please be sure to ask your doctor before going swimming (or any other exercise) and PLEASE be sure it is okay with the doctor before diving. That is one question I have for you. Since you love to swim, did you ever notice if your Scoliosis affected the way you were able to dive? My daughter seems to have trouble with diving. Thanks. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X