Blogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogs?

Wasn't sure where to put this and maybe a mod can move it if in the wrong place.

I was wondering if all of you who have blogs could post up your links to share them with us.

I think it would be great to be able to click through and read every ones experiences/journeys to and during surgery and everything in between.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

You can find mine at:
    http://warpedwoman.myblogsky.com/

I have links to Monie's & Spinewhines there - also I shall be updating it asap as I had me pre-op assessment today.
    Last edited by Pips; 01-19-2006, 11:03 AM.
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you!
      Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
      No pain anymore!!
      Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Hi katblack,
        I just started my blog this mth http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Comment

Lynne

Do you mind if I put a link to your blog from my blog?

Thanks for getting it started too - I just find everyone else's stories such a help....

Pips
          Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
          Post op 30(T)/33(L)

Comment

pips,
            sure, add me. I don't know if I should put my x-ray on it. I thk I may be one of the worst curves.... you would'nt know it from the front(I feel I look great) but yikes, the back is scary.

Comment

Lynne,
              Only put on it what you feel comfortable putting on it.
              Heck, mine is completely private, only some people have it so I know how you're feeling in regards to showing your xrays and such.

It's all up to you and no one will think any differently of you because you do or don't post them.
              No pain anymore!!
              Google is your friend

Comment

I guess if the blog is for other people too then maybe bad curves are good (if you see what I mean). It may help some people put things in perspective - and others who have similar curves will feel that they're not alone. I had second thoughts about posting my photos of my back (especially with my big ole ugly scar) but in the end decided that if I was reading somone elses blog I wanted to know what those curves looked like. I cut my head off tho'....

Originally I was going to make my blog private (just friends and family) but all the reponse has been so positive that I'm glad I didn't now.

Have a think and do what you feel is right for you....

Pips
                x
                Post op 30(T)/33(L)

Comment

Little Concern

Hi Everybody, My Name Is Maria, 35 Years And I Born With Scoliosis, I Don't Know Exactly Of The Lengh Of My Curves, But Compare What I Saw In Some Other Persons My Back Is Really Bad, I Lived With This Since I Born. I Used Something Like The Persons Use When They Brake A Leg, The White Hard Wrapp. From My Waist Trough My Neck When I Was 3 Years Old. After That The Doctors Told My Parents They Can't Do Anything More. That Was In Mexico City Where I Am From. When I Came To This Country In 1986, My School Nurse Send Me To Shrinners Hospital, And They Told Me The Samething They Can't Do Anything For Me, That I Already Grew Up And My Bones Were Ok, I Was 18 At That Time, I Never Had Problems With My Condition Some Times I Forgat I Have Scoliosis, I Can Do Whatever A Normal Person Does, No Pain Or Anything Like That, But Now I Have Problems With My Breast, I Went To Doctor Because A Lump In My Breast, They Send Me For Mamogram Followed For An Ultrasound And They Find Multiple Cysts On Both Breast And A Lump, They Want Me To Do A Biopsyto Make Sure Is Not Cancerous But Now I'm A Little Concern If All The Radiation That I Receive Because Of The X Rays From My Scoliosis When I Was Young Can Be A Cause Or A Posibility Of Having Breast Cancer. Does Anyone Here Have Been Experience This Problem Before? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X