Surgery But Not Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery But Not Scared

I found out two weeks ago that I need surgery. I am however, not scared. Since my curve is in the higher part of my back they do not have to take out ribs to correct it, nor do I need a bone graph. My degree is about 47-50 in the upper-right part of my back. I am getting surgery in June, and I personally cant wait. What are some of your surgery experiences and if you have any back brace problems or questions just ask me!
    Surgery: June 4th, 2004
    Main curve: 44 degrees
    Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
    Surgery Type: Posterior
    T4-T12

Glad 2 haer ur not scared cuz i was even tho i didnt need 2 b good luck!Keep the positive attitude!!!!!!!!
    luve allways,
    *Paige*
    __-------______--------______-------__
    12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

how old are you and when did you find out you had scoliosis and what helped you to make the decision to have the surgery... i have 52 top and 46 bottom and i am contimplating surgery. your reply would be much appreciated THANKS!

Comment

I am not sure about my back degrees but its around 50. I have not yet had surgery but I think it is the best route. I heard each year after you stop growing your back can worsen by 1 degree each year. I found out about my scoliosis 2 years ago, and found out about me getting surgery 2 weeks ago. I personally I think that if surgery is an option that is what should be done, but thats just me. My organs are being squished and one side of my ribs are sticking through my back, hopefully that is not happening to you but I would love to get it fixed; no matter the cause.
        Surgery: June 4th, 2004
        Main curve: 44 degrees
        Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
        Surgery Type: Posterior
        T4-T12

Comment

Working...
        X