Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death to the Brace!

Hey,
    I was wondering about what everyone plans on doing to their brace when the greatful day comes that they no longer have to wear it. Or for those of you who have already reached that day. I have 19 days left and am thinking of some great kind of finale. My mom suggested going in the snow and sledding on it. Burning it is a nice option, except for I'm a fire explorer with the city here and may be considered a pyromaniac if they find a fire grown out of control cause by a brace. Anyhow, does anyone care to daydream about that day?
    Whitney
    Have I ever told you that your eyes shine in the light like camel spit on desert sand?

I read in another thread somewhere (and this person had a good point):

"I always thought I'd start a huge bonfire and burn my "piece of plastic" as you called it when they finally told me I was free...then I realized that the fumes would kill me just when I was free of the damn thing!"

So maybe it isn't such a good idea

Comment

personaly i think i'll keep them(because i no i'll have mor then 1) and keep them in my attic to show my kids and to see how much i grew(sounds stupid but im really short and love the fact that i grow)
      bye
      rebecca
      ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
      I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
      I went through 3 Boston Braces
      Original curve~34*
      Curve in 1st Brace~9*
      Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
      Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
      Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

While I was still wearing a brace ( I have 3 of them) I had all sorts of ideas of what to do with them. I didn't do anything with them and I am thankful for that. I am a nursing student and have used them for presentations at school. People are floored at what us people have to go through..... and I still had to have surgery after 3 braces.

Comment

I've worn it for 3 days so far, and already I'm constructing an incendiary device to obliterate it.

Comment

Working...
          X