Kind of Freaking Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of Freaking Out

Ok I'm 14 and I had my pre-op yesterday and only then did it really hit me that I was going to have surgery. My operation is on March 25 and I'm really getting scared. I've never had surgery before and I'm really scared. Oh my gosh I sound like a baby. But I think you get the picture. I'm freaking out over here. So I guess I just want to know if it's as scary as my gut is telling me it is.
    Emery!
    "I won't admit or deny anything... makes me more interesting" --Orlando Bloom

i really cant comfort you about you going into surgery becuase i dont have any idea what it is like. (who knows i might in the future) but i was curious as to what are the degrees of your curve(s) of your back? also this was the right place to come for comfort everyone on here is always happy to help people through this disease... as for me i cant really help you i am still in the bracing stage but i hope everthing goes well with your surgery!

Comment

Hi emery! I know how it feel to be freakin out!! I was cryin and everything the day of surgery. But now i relize i didnt need to b so worried cuz my surgery was 3weeks ago and im already back to normal!!!But dont worry if u can!!Its only human 2 b scared tho!!Good Luck!
      luve allways,
      *Paige*
      __-------______--------______-------__
      12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

All they told me was 58 degrees. They might have said more but I wouldn't know cuz I was kind of dazed by the time they got there. I mean it's a month away and all but I'm over here freaking out for probably no reason at all.
        Emery!
        "I won't admit or deny anything... makes me more interesting" --Orlando Bloom

Comment

having surgery march 2nd

hi im sarah and i am going to have surgery march 2nd and i am also really really scared. i keep thinking that something so bad is going to happen and that i will have to kill myself. i was wondering what your curves were. i just have one which is at the top of my back(im lucky) and it is 52 degree angle. if you have questions for me i could possibly answer please write back because i am doing research and learning more and more.
          sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah:

It's not surprising that you're feeling anxious; surgery is a big deal. My daughter has scoliosis (she's 12) and may have to have surgery. She's scared like you, but she's gotten a lot of comfort from a web site called www.spinekids.com. They have a message forum where a lot of kids post. Many of them have had the surgery, so they can relate exactly to how you feel. They seem to have gone through the surgery and come out normal and active and cool. You might like to read their stories and posts at that web site.

Cheers - Patricia
            Patricia
            Scoli Mum from New Zealand
            Daughter Caitlin's surgery 2nd May 2005
            Posterior fusion T3 - L1

Comment

Working...
            X