has anyone used lyrica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone used lyrica?

i'm still having nerve pain in my legs, so i am going to wean off neurontin and start lyrica...can anyone report experience with this medication? it would be great to hear about it....thanks!
    Sue

Milwaukee Brace from ages 8 - 16
    T36 degrees/L56 degrees Pre-Op
    Fused T3 - S1
    Surgery done Sept. 15, 2004
    Dr. Robert G. Viere
    North Texas Spine Care @ Baylor

Hi Sue,

My husband was recently diagnosed with MS and has been taking Lyrica for about 4 weeks. He had taken Neurontin periodically in the past 2 years. He tells me that there isn't a dramatic change in his nerve pain, but he feels it does help better than Neurontin. His dose is 50mgs in the morning and 75mgs at night. I don't know what the recommended dose is. Lyrica is made by the manufacturers of Neurontin.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

lyrica

Your pharmacist is an excellent source of info on any prescription. Not everyone responds to medicines in the same way due to individual genetic factors. It is also an antiseizure medication used for nerve pain. It seems like it's worth a try.
      Karen
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
      X