Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiopathic Scoliosis - no such thing!

This is the only thing you need to read: http://www.kalindra.com/faq.htm
    But I have a lot more, if you don't believe...

one

http://www.yumeiho.pl/yumeiho.html

Comment

Idiopathic Scliosis

I have that kind of scoliosis as I've had both CT and MRI Scans done and Doctors dont know whats caused my back to curve out as bad as it has. I have 2 of them mind you.
      2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

Idopathic means they don't know what caused it. My sisters and my daughters also have scoliosis - that would say inherited. But the idopathic part comes in as to why mine and one of my daughter's became severe and required surgery and not the others.
        T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
        2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
        3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
        Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

So are you saying that you believe that all cases of idiopathic scoliosis are actually caused by SIJD?

How then would it have caused my own idiopathic scoliosis? I was diagnosed with a 62/40 degree idiopathic double curve at the age of 6 months before I could walk or even stand upright! So no, I don't believe this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by expatient
            This is the only thing you need to read: http://www.kalindra.com/faq.htm
            But I have a lot more, if you don't believe...

Very bold statement to make

Whats your point dude ?
            Last edited by zuma; 03-14-2007, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow2010
              Idopathic means they don't know what caused it. My sisters and my daughters also have scoliosis - that would say inherited. But the idopathic part comes in as to why mine and one of my daughter's became severe and required surgery and not the others.
              I have 2 aunties who have Scoliosis and their's arent as bad as what mine is. Mine is servere that I was told I needed surgery. I still dont know to this day what caused my back to become so bad over the years.

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

I have idiopathic adecent scoliosis
                Kara
                Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
                Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
                T4-L2
                Before 50T
                After 20T

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy
                  I have idiopathic adecent scoliosis
                  It is idiopathic only because your doctors didn't know why you have it. It doesn't mean there is not a cause for it. Scoliosis does not develope without a reason!

Ask an other opinion like he did!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEUPFNBXTNE

Comment

Obviously, "idiopathic" means "no known cause".

However, you seem to be saying that you know what the cause is - that all cases of "idiopathic" scoliosis are caused by SI Joint problems.

This cannot be true, for the reason I stated above. I am interested in your video and think it quite likely that SI Joint problems are responsible for some cases of Idiopathic Scoliosis, but I think it's wrong that you should claim that it is the cause of all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tonibunny
                      Obviously, "idiopathic" means "no known cause".

However, you seem to be saying that you know what the cause is - that all cases of "idiopathic" scoliosis are caused by SI Joint problems.

This cannot be true, for the reason I stated above. I am interested in your video and think it quite likely that SI Joint problems are responsible for some cases of Idiopathic Scoliosis, but I think it's wrong that you should claim that it is the cause of all of them.
                      I'm pretty sure everyones been trying to say the same things. I had all these medcial checks when i was at least 9 or 10 to see what was going on in my back because the doctors thought at the time it was my spinal cord, which ended up not being that at all.

But these seem to be wild claims though.

Comment

Causes?

Well, I know this might be a little late, but I believe there is a cause for scoliosis - every case. However, the "idiopathic" categorization is because the doctors don't yet understand the cause - they don't know and can't pinpoint the cause. I do believe that as medical investigation continues they will discover the reasons or causes. Just my 2 cents...

Ann
                        44 year old female
                        Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
                        Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
                        Posterior Only, 9 hours
                        Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
                        Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

As people have already said There is no cause. I've been told myself as I dont know whats caused my back to be so bad. I wish people would do some research into this

Comment

It's only my opinion, but I think they call those of us that have been diagnosed at a very early age, congenital, and when our symptoms show up in our pre-teens or after, idiopathic. I could be way off base, I'm not a doctor.

I think that our condition, unfortunately, is not yet completely understood, and I don't think that enough research has been done!!! But I do think that hereidity has to be linked to it!!!

I personally have been doing research on it since 1972, and I have not only been disappointed by the lack of information available, but by the lack of knowledge regarding our condition!!!

But I do think that certain doctors have devoted a lot of time and skill to help us, and I commend them!!! From what I understand, we are only 2% of the population.

I am just so grateful that those few doctors have devoted their careers to such a small percentage of us!!!

Shari

Comment

Shari, congenital scoliosis is caused by the vertebrae failing to form properly. This shows up on x-rays and scans. Idiopathic scoliosis is of no known cause and can happen at any age, although most cases happen during adolescence. It's classed as Infantile, Juvenile, Adolescent or Adult according to when it is first diagnosed. I myself have Infantile Idiopathic Scoliosis.

Comment

Working...
                              X