Boston-T shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston-T shirt

My daughter (age 10) has been wearing a Boston Brace for about 2 months and is doing great with it. One of her biggest complaints is that the Boston-T shirt (tubular) is very high cut in the front. The brace is fairly low across the front but the top of the T-shirt shows through if she wears any kind of low cut or button down shirt. I know this is a fairly minimal problem but does anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

You might want to try a cotton "t-shirt" under the brace. The shirts that my daughter wears under her brace are just regular short sleeve t-shirts (not the underwear kind) that you can find at any department store in the girls or juniors section. I got a size that is more 'form fitting' so it's not baggy under the brace. Hope this helps! -Attie

Comment

My Nicole Has Been Wearing A Brace For 4 Years She Wears The Boston T Shirts And The Hanes Tank T-shirt.they Come In All Sizes From Boys To Mens. We Cut The Top Off On Her Boston Tees So She Could Wear Button Down And V Neck Shirts With No Problems.
      Works Well
      Theresa
      THERESA

Comment

when i wore my boston brace i was given a few tank tops to wear below my brace from my brace-guy (whatever you call him), but my brace was pretty high, it basically went right below my armpits. if someone in your family has any sewing skill, you could cut a larger neck in the shirt and fold over the cut part and sew it so it doesn't fray
        Marlana
        16, Senior
        Spina Bifida
        Boston Brace for 2 years
        Spinal Fusion July 25, 2002
        Post-Op Brace for 6 months

Comment

Working...
        X