Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brace Survey for 10-14 Year Olds!

Hello!

I am the mother of a 10-year-old daughter who has just started wearing a Lyon brace for her scoliosis. She has a double curve, at 32 and 22 degrees. I was also a brace-wearer as a kid, I spent three years in a Boston, went in at 22 degrees, and came out at 19. Two kids and 25 years later, I am doing just fine. So, of course, my daughter “thanks” me all the time for her curvey spine!

I am a teacher, working on my Master’s degree in a Graduate program here in Chicago. When I had to do a Research Study on some aspect of Middle School life, I knew immediately I wanted to do something on scoliosis and the ways wearing a brace affects students. I am now looking for willing subjects!

There is just a five-minute survey to fill out online. You will be completely anonymous and your answers will be used to help other teachers better understand how to help kids with scoliosis. The survey is offered to kids ages 10-14, in grades 5-8 who are currently wearing any sort of scoliosis brace. If you can help, please ask a parent for permission, then use this link:

www.createsurvey.com/c/29371-bYQDSo/

THANK YOU!

Anastasia Nakis-Windt

Anastasia,

Have you thought about posting your survey on the "SpineKids" website? I know there are a few kids on this site, but SpineKids is most kids. Good luck.

Mary Lou

Comment

Still accepting new subjects

THANKS to all of you who filled out the survey!

MaryLou, I did also post on SpineKids, with good results! I have had some results from here, though. Perhaps parents passing along the info to kids.

The research is going great, but I still could use a few more people to chime in... The survey will still be up for a few more days, at www.createsurvey.com/c/29371-bYQDSo/ Maybe someone new will see this post!

Thanks again, everybody!

Anastasia

Comment

Working...
      X