Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rib re-section?

Hi every one -

Just found out while talking with "advice nurse person" (about not being happy about lack of info. that was given by Dr. - need to set up another appointment!) she mentioned that "rib re-section" was in his notes!!!! (was never mentioned).

I am so frustrated - do these people understand that what they put in charts/files should be discussed or at least MENTIONED to/with the clients! We had this problem before with my daughter and she was declined medical coverage because of what they wrote in her chart a few years earlier and it wasn't even a correct diagnois (sleep apnia (sp) at 7 years old)! Same idiot's that I asked about her back when she was 7 - they checked her "2" different times and said "nothing to worry about" even got it in a letter, as that was another reason she was going to be declined!

Any feed back on this would be great - the what's, why's, how's, any one had it done - problems, complications, etc. any questions I should ask.

Thanks for being there - till next time,

Kelly B.

Kelly...

You may want to do a search on THORACOPLASTY. (See Search icon above.)

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

When they operated on my daughter they cut several ribs in the back hoping that they would fuse to the spine and help twist her body back around after the surgery (hard to explain!) I don't think we were fully aware of what they were talking about, either. It did help some but she is still mishapen 2 years after her surgery and is looking at 2 more surgeries to fix it. Please don't let your Doctor bully you. Sit there and ask all the questions you can think of. Do research on the internet or ask questions here and take a list. They make loads of money doing these surgeries, they work for us, they're not doing us a favor. Our first Doctor brushed us off at our first visit. I found another Doctor. This is a big deal and you will be living with it for a long time, make sure your Doctor will answer your questions now because you'll have more later.

Comment

Working...
      X