Dr. in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. in Houston?

I am looking for a scoliosis doc in Houston. I had severe scoliosis as a child and wore a backbrace for 5 years. However, when I got it off my spine kept curving in two places and I ended up having the surgery in 1989. Now, I am having some back pain and stiffness. The last doctor I went to said it was possible I might need to have the rods removed. This shocked me because I have never heard of that and no one mentioned this to me when I was younger. I am looking for information on the removal of the rods, how common this is, any problems others have had as they got older with the rods, etc. I was 17 when I had the surgery and am now 34 years old. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

The doc that performed my surgery has since retired. I have an appt with a Dr. Hansen in December but thought I would check here in case anyone has any suggestions.
    Background - Diagnosed in 1981 with a s-curve. Very progressive. Wore a Milwalkee brace from 1981-1986. I had back surgery in 1989....spinal fusion with Harrington rods and bone from my hip.

Hello mocity,
    My dtr (16 then, and now 11 months post op) had scoliosis surgery by Dr Darrell Hanson. I think this is who you may be referrring to?
    She had a 65 degree thoratic curve.
    He does alot of these type surgeries and we are happy with the results.
    It is now around 20 degrees.
    He was not pushy and I felt comfortable with his manner.
    You can email me for more details if you like.
    kcordelle@yahoo.com
    now 16 yr old daughter
    with worsen 65 degree upper curve
    surgery Nov 3, 04

Comment

Working...
    X