View Full Version : need some help

02-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Hi i am new here my name is denise i am 23 years old from uk i just found out this friday i have got scoliosis for years now i have had problems with my deformed rib cage no one has ever said any thing about my spine even when i told them of my back pain one doctor told me a breast reduction would help which i had done 4 years ago it didnt help so i went to my gp and they sent me to the doctor i saw friday as soon as she looked at my spine and saw i had one shoulder lower then the she knew what was wrong she told me where my spine has twisted its made my rib cage deformed shes taken some xrays to see how bad it is but it might not be untill may when i see her next shes given me some cream to rub in but my back is killing me now it feels as if my spine is going to break and it hurts me to walk is there any thing i can do now to help with the pain as its stopping me from sleeping

02-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Have you tried ibuprofen? I think it's called brufen in the UK. It helps with a lot of skeletal and muscular pain, as it's an anti-inflammatory, so it reduces the swelling in the areas, which is what usually causes most of the pain. It probably won't get rid of it completely, but it should dull the pain enough so that you'll be able to sleep.