Does anyone other wommen have this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone other wommen have this?

Hi I have mild scoliosis and I wanted to know whether people had the same, one of my breasts is larger than the other, is this normal?
    Last edited by Hellsbells87; 02-26-2004, 01:45 PM.

Hey, actually I have just realized that about mine. Weird huh?

What is your degree of scoli?

Write back,

***ASHLEY***

Comment

I'm not actually sure about my degree, i only found out the other day, I've always noticed that one of my ribs is more prominant than the other and i have an uneven waistline, but then i typed in my symptons on google and "scoliosis" kept coming up, then i found out that my dad has it too. i haven't even been 2 the doctors yet. ooppsy!

Comment

i have to noticed i have one bigger then the other i have two place where my ribs stick out my doctor says where my spine has twisted its made my rib cage twist to

Comment

I would have to say this is common, because I also have one breast that is larger than the other. When I asked my doctor about it, he said it was normal because of the way my back is twisted, S shape, but also because I have one shoulder blade that sticks out more than the other. Just thought I would let you know that you aren't the only one who was worried about that problem!!
          Gina

Comment

By the way i apoligise about my terrible english in the subject of this post, i noticed as soon as i posted it about the 2Ms in women, and i ment 2 say does any other women have this not does anyone other women have this? I must of bin havin a v. blonde day.

Comment

I have the same problem and it is quite prominate... I disturbs me, and messes with my head... My doctors say that there is no way it was caused by the scoliosis, but i am glad to see i am not the only one...

I get so frustrated, i have been to many Plastic Surgeons and i can not get my medical insurance to cover this issue...

It is such a shame... i had a high 80 degree curve in the top, 60 in th bottom... my ribs were way twisted, still are, and my one sholder blade is pertruding from my back...

it is just not fair.... But thank you for sharing that you all have the same issues... it is somewhat comforting to know i am not a lone, but still so sad that other people have to deal with this as well...

Comment

Kellie Rose...

You're probably going to the wrong doctor. Almost 90% of women have a small amount of breast asymmetry, but women with large thoracic curves always have one breast (usually the right one) significantly smaller than the other. Here's a study reference:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=3787348

Regards,
                Linda
                Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you sooo much Linda... I have been so stressed over this for soooo long.... It really breaks me apart more and more everyday...

Comment

Kellie Rose...

I totally understand! It's the rare individual with scoliosis, who doesn't hate their body. Hell, it's the rare individual without scoliosis, who doesn't hate their body. ;-)

I don't have any wise words for you. Although I still hate my body, I try not to let it rule my life. I know that I'm a lot more than just my twisted body. If it really continues to bother you, you might want to seek help from a psychologist who specializes in body image problems.

Regards,
                    Linda
                    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

A few years ago I bought a pair of breast looking enhancers from Victorias Secret. I have about a cup size difference between my breasts and wearing one of these totally evens me out. Yea! I also have to wear racerback bras to keep my straps up. Being able to wear clothes and not look lopsided has helped me feel better about myself. (Warning TMI alert) Another thing that helps is that my smaller breast is actually more sensitive so it's hard to hold a grudge against it for being smaller.

HTH,
                      Susan

Comment

Working...
                      X