Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a Freshman In Highschool and I just found out that I have scoliosis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Freshman In Highschool and I just found out that I have scoliosis!

I got a physical August 15th and they said my spine felt like it had a bump so I got x-rays,about 2 weeks later they said that they wanted me 2 go 2 a bigger hospital 4 it,so 2day I went 2 a scoliosis clinique and the doctor said I had a 24 degree scoliosis and that I have 2 go bak in 3 months and get it checked out again,cuz i'm still growin' and they think It may get worse! If it duz then I'm gonna have 2 wear a bak brace 4 3 years!!!!!!! I wanted 2 cum on here and meet sum ppl who have the same medical condition as I do!!!!!!

Originally posted by cheergurl1420
    I got a physical August 15th and they said my spine felt like it had a bump so I got x-rays,about 2 weeks later they said that they wanted me 2 go 2 a bigger hospital 4 it,so 2day I went 2 a scoliosis clinique and the doctor said I had a 24 degree scoliosis and that I have 2 go bak in 3 months and get it checked out again,cuz i'm still growin' and they think It may get worse! If it duz then I'm gonna have 2 wear a bak brace 4 3 years!!!!!!! I wanted 2 cum on here and meet sum ppl who have the same medical condition as I do!!!!!!
    and also duz anyone ever have a pain in their bak where it feels like it needs 2 pop all the time but most of that time it won't? I do I hate it,and my right shoulder is always up higher than my left,and I slouch w/out even noticing!

Comment

Hi,

I had to wear a brace from 7th to about 10/11th grade 23/7, then part time til I was about 17. My son has scoliosis, also possibly my daughter-she will see her dr. next week. What type of brace will you have?

Renee

Comment

Originally posted by flowerpower
        Hi,

I had to wear a brace from 7th to about 10/11th grade 23/7, then part time til I was about 17. My son has scoliosis, also possibly my daughter-she will see her dr. next week. What type of brace will you have?

Renee

um...I dunno wut kinda brace, I don't even know wut kind there is.

Comment

Oh, well hopefully you won't have to. Wish you the best -

Renee

Comment

Hey there. Another good forum that has tons of kids is www.spinekids.com/boards ... check it out! Good luck
            I'm Karin. I had surgery for my scoliosis on October 13, 2005, and am doing well! I formerly wore a providence brace and did PT for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by ScolioGirl
              Hey there. Another good forum that has tons of kids is www.spinekids.com/boards ... check it out! Good luck
              Thanx Renee and Kari!

Comment

hi my name's marlana. i'm a sophomore in high school, but found out about my scoliosis the summer before 5th grade. i wore a back brace for about a year and had spinal fusion the summer before 7th grade. i don't remember the degrees of my curves but i have an s-curve and they were like 60 and 30 degrees before my surgery, and i think they reduced the top curve to 20. if you wanna talk or have any questions, just let me know. i was lucky because i didnt have pain from my scoliosis until after the surgery. i hope you dont have to wear the brace. one of my friends sisters had scoliosis and it fixed itself so maybe that will happen to you
                Marlana
                16, Senior
                Spina Bifida
                Boston Brace for 2 years
                Spinal Fusion July 25, 2002
                Post-Op Brace for 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by violinprincess3
                  hi my name's marlana. i'm a sophomore in high school, but found out about my scoliosis the summer before 5th grade. i wore a back brace for about a year and had spinal fusion the summer before 7th grade. i don't remember the degrees of my curves but i have an s-curve and they were like 60 and 30 degrees before my surgery, and i think they reduced the top curve to 20. if you wanna talk or have any questions, just let me know. i was lucky because i didnt have pain from my scoliosis until after the surgery. i hope you dont have to wear the brace. one of my friends sisters had scoliosis and it fixed itself so maybe that will happen to you

Thanx Marlana!

Comment

Hi! I am 17 and i wore a brace from the time i was 7 till i was 15...I really didnt mind it at all. if u get a boston brace, they are really low profile and u cant even see them under ur clothes (unless the clothes are tight) u could probably wear a skirt and sweater and no one would even notice! i hope u dont have to get one, but i really didnt have a hard time with the brace. lots of kids dont have to wear one full time either . talk to ur doc and the orthosis people too. they can help!
                    8years in Boston Brace starting curve 22 degrees, ending around 30 anterior fusion in 2004, curve went from 48 degrees to 25 !!im in college and love to ride horses, swim, and bike!

Comment

Good luck!
                      "We are mdae to persist; that is how we find out who we are." Tobia Wolff

Comment

Thanx every1, I haven't been bak 2 the clinic, this will be my 4th month that I've not gone back, I'm supposed 2 go every 3 months but I had 2 reschedual, and I go bak next thursday!!!! I'm kinda nervous!!! lol well if u wanna talk or just wanna be friends or just say hi or w/e e-mail me at jay_luh@hotmail.com or cheergurl1420@aim.com bye!

Comment

Working...
                        X