flexibility and scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flexibility and scoliosis

hi, my son (13) went to get his brace made and i heard the doctor and the man who was fitting him in his office, say he was very flexible, he can bend all the way over on the both sides, right way and left way with ease. they left me feeling that it was something that was unusual, im thinking..they expected him not to be able to bend all the way over on the side where the curve is. i was wondering if it means anything to be super flexible, is that a plus or a minus? does anyone know? help

I don't know what his curve degrees are, but maybe most of the patients they see have some limited flexibility?? Maybe in their experience boys are not generally as flexible as girls?-that's my guess. I would think its a good thing to be as flexible as possible, maybe he won't suffer much discomfort/soreness getting used to his brace. Good luck to you both -

Renee

Comment

Hi,
      My son is also 13, soon to be 14, at the end of this month. When his doctor checked his flexability, it wasn't that great. He seemed as surprised at his lack of flex, as you doctor seemed about your son having such good flex. His dad is the same way, so the doctor didn't seem too worried about it. I would think having good flexability will be a good thing for him. Can't think of any reason for you to worry about it. Good luck to you and your son.
      LeaEvely

Comment

Working...
      X