Question on Shriner's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Shriner's

My daughter (6 yrs old) has been recently diagnosed and we are scheduled to see an pedi ortho later this month, I also have an application to go to the Shriner's in Tampa pending, but I was curious if we should be going to the Shriner's if this doctor (Pedi ortho locally) says it is only a wait and see case, and she isn't bad enough to need a brace or surgery.

Any input would help.

BTW I know how good the shriner's are as my husband was treated by them in both Tampa and Chicago, I was treated at the burn hospital in Cincinatti, and my 7 yr old was treated in Tampa for habitual toe walking and was braced there for it.

Thanks in advance,
    Julie
    'May We Never Forget'
    The Hero's of September 11, 2001
    ллллллллллллл
    Julie
    Momma to my four little angels:
    Samantha 9
    Cheyenne 7
    Alexandra 6
    Montana 3
    ллллллллллллл
    The BEST place to get free STUFF
    www.freecycle.org

Hi Julie,

My very humble opinion is that you keep both appointments. It is always good to have 2nd opinions, even if they are the same. It is good to have as much information as possible so you can make the most informed decisions for your daughter.

Scoliosis in young children is not a common occurance. Ask questions that are specific to your daughter. Does she have any other medical condition that would complicate scoliosis treatment? Is the scoliosis caused by malformed vertebrae? Is the scoliosis idiopathic (meaning no known cause)? etc.

Keep us posted on your appointments. My best to you.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

shriners hospital

To JULIE shriners hospitals are great hospitals 20 shriners hospitals in the USA & 1 IN MEXICO & 1 IN CANADA. MY SCOLIOSIS DOCTOR WORK AT SHRINERS HOSPITAL IN SACRMENTO & MY SCOLIOSIS DOCTOR IS AND HIS NAME IS JOEL LERMAN. MY SCOLIOSIS GOT TO 46 CURVE AND I DON'T LIKE TO WEAR MY BRACE. KARA
      Kara
      Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
      Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
      T4-L2
      Before 50T
      After 20T

Comment

Working...
      X