Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken screws after 20 years

Hi everyone,

I had a spinal fusion op 21 years ago when I was 12. Everything was successful and 18 months later I had my last visit to the doctor who said it took well and goodbye, we don't need to see you again. Last year I had a baby with c-section and used my x rays for the anesthetist to know where to put the epidural. Somehow my x rays got lost so last week I went to have more done before I get pregnant again. The x rays show 2 broken screws and I have to go to an orthopedic doctor for a check up. Should I be worried? I've had no pain over the years even during pregnancy.

The doctor who operated me has retired and I now live in Israel anyway (op done in England) and the earliest appointment is November. I'd love to hear from someone who can tell me what the deal is. If anyone can, please ask your doctor and see what he/she does, and let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I too had surgery 21 years ago and have had virtually no problems until the past 3 years - When I saw my doctor - I asked if he would remove the hardware, He said he would not remove it (even if it were broken) unless it was causing dibilitating pain or was going to do damage to my spine.
    I'm new to this, but I hope this helps?! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X