Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research

Hello,

My name is George Posada and I am currently researching scoliosis, perticularly the adolescent body bracing. I would appreciate your opinions on the comfort, cost, availability, and how affective the brace is.

I aim to produce a more inconspicuous, comfortable, and effective body brace. Thank you for your help in advance.

My brace is pretty comfortable. I sleep in it fine, so that's no problem. The only problem is if you drop something on the floor and putting on your shoes and socks in the morning. That REALLY bugs me. I haven't had to tie my shoe in school yet, and I hope it never happens. Maybe if you could figure out a way to make the braces thinner and have more ventalation for when it's summer. I don't know how much my brace is and where it is available. I just get mine at the orthopiedic place at the hospital. I haven't worn my brace very long, so I don't know if it has effected me yet.
    Listen my child to this story of dreams
    ~:~ For the beginning is more difficult than it seems
    When the ten daughters are reunited in order
    ~:~ When the four sided box loses it's border
    When eye of the pheonix is in your hand
    ~:~ When the bird of fire can see again
    When the moon sleeps and the sun plays
    ~:~ When the king of the sky shines his ray
    Underneath a river of colors
    ~:~Lies a gate to golden wonders

I luv Gilmore Girls!!!

Comment

hi there! if yur interested in more teen and kids answering yur questions u mite wanna try going 2 www.spinekids.com they gots of adolesents there!.. um well 4 yeah its hard 2 bend 4 me 2 but most of the time i ask people 2 get stuff 4 me when my pensils fall on the floor or wuteva..clothes wise everthing is going ok cuz i figured out a really cool way 4 me 1 wear all my styln clothes with my brace and make it apeer as if i have no brace on so yea but the heat all ways bugs me but o well...

Comment

Hi. I'm currently on my second Boston Brace. My brace is VERY comftorable. And since I got my second brace, my back has become much better. Cost I'm not too sure about. I know it is a bit expensive, but if you need it, then the price doesn't really matter, because if you think about it, it's either an expensive brace, or very expensive surgery. It is quite a teck going all the way to my orthopidist's office, but he makes such good braces it's worth it. I woruld really like to see a brace that is more bendable. Not completley bendy, I mean you still want it to do it's job, but maybe a little more flexible so it's less noticable when you have to pick something up, or while putting on your shoes. Also, my brace has absolutley no cut-outs at all. I know this really depends on the orthopidist, but a more open brace would be nice. I hope this helps!

Comment

i would be a bit concerned about making braces more comfortable - i don't think they can be beacuse i think you would then compromise on correction etc. it's tough having to wear one but ultimately you're not in it for long and if it prevents surgery then great.

sorry my view is a bit negative but i'd be very sceptical of a "bendy" brace or one which is more comfortable or thinner.
          diagnosed aged 14 (2001)
          braced from july 2001 to february 2003 to hold curves
          fused T11-L3 on july 16th 2005 (aged 18)
          Discharged by surgeon july 11th 2007 (aged 20 and almost 2 years post-op)
          scoliosis support forum

Comment

Working...
          X