TriaC Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TriaC Brace

Hello! Anyone out there using the TriaC Brace . . . ?? Or heard anything about it? Thanks . . pat

Hi Pat...

If you do a search (see icon above) on TRIAC, you'll see a few other posts on the topic.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

TriaC Brace

Hi Linda, I did the search, nothing there. Thanks anyway! pat

Comment

I looked into the Triac when it first looked like my daughter would need bracing. Triac (and Spinecor) looked like good alternatives (to me) to rigid TLSOs but the 5 Docs that I mentioned this to thought otherwise. They seem to want to rely on proven methods rather than try new alternatives. Only one doctor was interested enough to ask me for a copy of my info on the Triac.

Comment

It was developped in the Netherlands and is still being used. Quite a few dutch hospitals were interested and tried the TRIAC I, but as results were disappointing went back to hard bracing (boston etc.) There is a TRIAC II now, which might be better, saying that, on Dutch forums, where i occasionally look, nobody seems to be raving about the TRIAC. Shame, as on paper it looked good.

gerbo

Comment

TriaC

Hmm, interesting, thanks so much; I know the doctor we'll be seeing in a couple of weeks to discuss the TriaC was not impressed with the SpineCor Brace, but I'm anxious to see what he has to say about the TriaC, whether it's I or II. Anything new I learn, I'll certainly post. I really don't think the hard braces are effective, and it's asking an awful lot of a kid to wear them, with a small probability that it will even work. Thanks again! pat

Comment

FYI:
              http://www.technologyinmotion.com/flash/back/triac.htm

Comment

Working...
              X