confused and scared newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused and scared newbie

Hello! I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 12 but nothing was ever done about it.When I turned 28 I had a hysterectomy which threw me into sudden menopause.....at age 30 I began having back pain. Now at age 34 the back pain is unbearable on most days.I just got the results from my MRI and it showed degenerative arthritis ,multiple bulging discs , and one ruptured disc. The ruptured disc is the one closest to my tail bone.
    I have no idea of the degree of my curvature but you can see the hump on my back through clothes whether I am standing or sitting. I do not work and I have no clue as to how I have gotten so many problems with my discs. I have numbing in my legs, feet, hands and one area on the laft buttock stays numb.
    My spine actually feels bruised when someone touches it. Has anyone had this?I am supposed to find out when my appt with neurosurgeon is today. What can I expect? Will they do surgery on my discs? I have never had back surgery and therefore I am scared to death.
    Please someone help me! I need words of wisdom and words of comfort.Sorry this was so long but thank you in advance for reading.

Hi Sierra...

I'm not sure what you should expect. But, whatever the neurosurgeon tells you, I'd encourage you to get a second opinion from someone who specializes in scoliosis. You can find a list of such doctors here:

http://www.srs.org/directory/directory.asp

Good luck!

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi

i also had to have a hystroectomy (23yrs old-33now) i also have the tingle/numb feeling . rubbing kind of helps- that is all i can tell you, i also had no treatment. i wish i could tell you something helpful, all i can offer is you are not alone .
      "I don't want to be around anyone MAD,' Alice said.
      <[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"But OH!," grinned the cat, "you see for we ARE ALL MAD here!!!" [HTML]>

Comment

Thank you for the reply.It helps to know there are others out there experiencing the same things.

Comment

Working...
        X