I'm 12yrs old and i have ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 12yrs old and i have ?'s

I have just been diagnosed with scoliosis. I'm worried about wearing a brace. Does wearing a brace hurt? Which brace is more helpful to scoliosis the nighttime one or the one you wear in the day? I'm hoping my scoliosis doesnt get really bad, because then i'll have to get surgery! Has anyone ever been through surgery? Is it painful? How long does it take for you to fully recooperate?

Thanks
    --jaymee--

Well your doctor will decide which brace you are going to end up with I think. It will hurt at first probably because it is new and your muscles will need to get used to it.. but don't worry, it gets better! You can also use the search option on here and look up bracing and surgery.. you will find hundreds of posts to look through. I was scared about surgery just a few months ago but I now look forward to it. Most people don't need surgery so it's a good idea to find out about it now but don't let the idea of it bother you unless you really need to get it!

I noticed you've already been told about www.spinekids.com if you browse through and talk to other kids on there you will be amazed at how much stronger people become when they have scoliosis.
    Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing. You have many people rooting for you on here. And enjoy Spine Kids! I think you'll love it

*virtual hugs*
    Age 28
    diagnosed at age 12
    wore a boston brace until age 14
    No surgery, was on "wait and watch" till recently. Got a SpineCor (Jan 27th) to help ease the pain.
    T-curve 73 degrees with severe rotation (curves to the right)
    L-curve 45 degrees with slightly less severe rotation than my T-curve (curves to the left)

1994 - 5'10" - T-?/L-? (i forget what they really were)
    2006 - 5' 4" - T-56/L-40
    2008/09 - 5' 4" - T-73/L-45

Comment

Carebear23

thanks!

*virtual hugs back* lol

Comment

Working...
      X