Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey

Hey everyone. Today was by far the worst day. I had one of those 4 month check-ups and the doctor told me that it was probably time to get the brace off. So i have been waiting forever for it. But.... his guess was wrong. HE told me i needed a new brace because i have out grown my old one. And they said probably 1 more year of wearing a brace. I was crushed. I hate crying in front of the doctor but sometimes u just can't hold back tears. SO today has been awful. Like all day i was like i can't wait 'till i get home and talk to all u guys. But i am getting fitted tmrow. They said it won't be like how i got molded last time. They said it's a laser type thing. So i am not as nervous... shooo... i hated that stupid mold! But i am sort of happy. My doctor said i could take a "holiday" from my brace. I get to have it off for 2 weeks. I am glad but i bet it will be hard to get me back in it. BUt i gotta do it. Well, i really need some cheering up from all u guys. SO anything ya'll wanna say will do me good. SO please pray for me. And thanks, all of u for your help. God bless!

-Hannah 13 IN

Hang in there!

Hi Hannah! I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a bad day! I know that you are wishing for the day when you are free of this brace. It will come, even if it is not yet. The best thing you can do is what you've already done...express your feelings. Then, let them go. They (the feelings) are not you, just like the brace is not you. It's just something you need to wear right now. (I think you wrote that to my daughter in an email several months ago!) You are an incredibly strong young lady and have already dealt with so much. Life is not easy, especially at your age and with all that you are coping with. But, look at how far you have already come! Imagine yourself as a long distance runner, not a sprinter. Your race is not a quick one easily run, but by maintaining your pace and working through the tough times you will reach your goal!

I've been on this forum for a few months now since my 12 year old daughter started wearing her brace in August and have read many of your posts. You have a very open, real way of expressing your thoughts and feelings. I think I read that you're interested in writing and you're working on a book? Keep writing. It is a gift that God has blessed you with to help you through this struggle. And, in turn, you can help others.

I will keep you in my prayers! God's peace be with you. -Kathy

Comment

Keep on smiling!
      It will be hard, especially getting used to the new brace, especially after hearing the Almost good news. But, after a few weeks, you'll be more comfy in the new brace.
      Just enjoy your vacation and don't think too hard about the brace!
      AZ

Comment

Working...
      X