Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What are YOU going to do when you get your brace off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... What are YOU going to do when you get your brace off?

I'm probobly going to get my brace off in about two years, and by then I'm going to be 15, and learning how to drive. So what I'm going to do is run over my brace with my dad's bentley. What are you going to do?

I'm going to do lots of backbends summersalts because I can't do that right now! I think I might save my brace as a keepsake. I draw pictures on mine to make it more personal!LOL!!!
    Listen my child to this story of dreams
    ~:~ For the beginning is more difficult than it seems
    When the ten daughters are reunited in order
    ~:~ When the four sided box loses it's border
    When eye of the pheonix is in your hand
    ~:~ When the bird of fire can see again
    When the moon sleeps and the sun plays
    ~:~ When the king of the sky shines his ray
    Underneath a river of colors
    ~:~Lies a gate to golden wonders

I luv Gilmore Girls!!!

Comment

xD I havn't thought of anything to draw on mine yet D; I just put "Bobbe the Brace" on the back, but it's starting to wear off... ugh.

Comment

i always vowed to burn mine and send the charred lump to my surgeon but i never did. i still have it and two and a half years after being released from it i wish it still fit me - i've grown outwards a lot
        diagnosed aged 14 (2001)
        braced from july 2001 to february 2003 to hold curves
        fused T11-L3 on july 16th 2005 (aged 18)
        Discharged by surgeon july 11th 2007 (aged 20 and almost 2 years post-op)
        scoliosis support forum

Comment

The orthotist at my hospital told me that you could throw their braces off the C.N. tower or run over it with a car and it'll still be intact !!! That's how durable their braces are I guess you would need some kind of explosive to destroy it. As far as I know, you shouldn't burn it because the plastic could be toxic.
          Last edited by Celia; 10-06-2005, 12:29 PM.

Canadian eh
          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

tEhE

hahaha. this is funny. i havent gotten mine yet but im gettin a SpineCor @ the end of October. i wanna write on mine too.. that sounds awesome , and summin i would do. i wonder if i could dye it like pink, b/c the SpineCor isnt plastic, its like material kinda. idkk. hmm this is a good question to ponder

>> ClOGGERx3
            Diagnosed @ age 14 (now 15)

i HAVE A LOVELY SPINECOR BRACE

CUrVES* 14&&17 as of 4.22.06 (out of brace)

ATLANTA, GEORGiA

Comment

Bracing

In my experience in dealing with anxiety and when I use to post to a support group on MSN. I use to post and look at it everyday when I was feeling my worst and I thought that my medication wasn't working....But after switching medication and feeling fine for many years I haven't posted to that board since i'm feeling fine. So I believe that the people whom bracing helped and did wonders, they would not be searching or posting for a board such as this, they would be out getting on with there life without the worry of Scoliosis.
              My 8 year old daughter has recently been diagnosed and has been told to wear the brace 23/7 and we're going to work our way up to that and pray it keeps her curve which the doctor said was 21 degrees and 16 degrees.

Comment

Working...
              X